Saturday, February 7, 2009

Refund of hotel accomodation bill for cancellation of united airlines flight due to crew walk out

Refund of hotel accomodation bill for cancellation of united airlines flight due to crew walk out?
My flight from LaGuardia to Chicago was cancelled on the 11th of august 2008, due to crew walk out, this is what was informed by the counter staff and i was given a united airlines hand out, it said-- WE SINCERELY APOLOGIZE THAT WE WERE UNABLE TO SECURE OVERNIGHT ACCOMODATIONS. IF YOU WERE ABLE TO SECURE YOUR OWN ACCOMODATIONS, YOU CAN SUBMIT A HOTEL BILL TO UNITED AIRLINES, FOR BASIC ROOM EXPENSES, NOT TO EXCEED $ 400 USD. I submitted all the neccessary bills and untill now haven't received my refund, i sent an email to the united airlines customer voice and ASTHA AURORA replied to me that it was bad weather. can someone help me to check the actual details of what happened on the 11th of august 2008, so i can pursue my case. thanks
Aircraft - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I know this doesn't help with the information you need, but I wanted to say Good Luck though. Seriously the Air Lines in America are the most Greedy Evil Sons of Bitches that I have experienced from different airlines around the world (and yes I have flown quite a bit). They will do anything to save money, and that includes changing a story from what really happened to "Weather Related", and therefor is not their responsibility. The only Airline in my opinion that was decent was North West, and now they have been bought out and taken over by one of the Worst, Delta! United, American, Delta, South West, they are all horrible, and don't care a damn about you or anyone. Like I said, and this is from personal experience, they are not above changing stories to save money.

Search News